Have you ever cheated death?

Have you ever cheated death?

some people cancel trips, get later appointments, detour, etc. to later find out that something bad would have happened if they didn't change their itinerary.

Can you say that you have cheated death?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, several times.
    At age 22 my ex fiancee tried to shoot me. Bullet barely missed me. If I had not placed the car in reverse at that exact moment, it would have been a clean head shot but instead hit the tree on the other side of the road. Not to mention all the bullets that came flying afterwards that missed except for flatting a tire.
    A month later, his bff tried to strangle and stab me to death. He did not succeed. I out weighted him by only 5 pounds with more than enough determination to live. He had a purple belt in karate and I only had one week of white belt.
    At age 30 I came down with DVT, which is blood clots in the legs. Survived two years already and had another baby. Turns out I have a genetic clotting disorder, which seriously raises my risk.
    And my first daughter, 25/26wk preemie. Faced multiple life threatening infections and has thrived to be a very healthy, happy and normal toddler with glasses.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:43 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yeah, and I can say I had a near death experience, too. I was in a bad car wreck and EVERYONe thought I was dead. But, obviously, I wasn't, or at least not for to long, cause here I sit typing. lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Both mark wahlberg and seth macfarlane were supposed to be on one of the flights that were involved in 911
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I missed being hit by a train by about 2 seconds when I was 16 year old. It was the most terrifying experience ever. At age 15, after a major surgery I got an ecoli bacterial infection and was within 24 hours of dying according to the doctors. It's scary to think back on.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 8:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I've had some close calls that were frightening, including one near-death experience. That one wasn't frightening though..I just remember feeling surprised, but at peace.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 8:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yep... In fact more than once. 1.) As a kid I cracked my skull open. 2.) At 15 I got a booster shot and my brain swelled, I collapsed, thankfully I was still in the dr. office or they said I never would have made the hospital. 3.) My Dr. put me on new meds and I went in to liver failure. 4 & 5.) I attempted suicide twice as a teen and someone found and revived me both times...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• In the end though.. Death always wins this game, you can cheat all you want!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Yes, three times. The most serious was a bad reaction to medication. It landed me in a semi coma heading towards cardiac arrest. The doctors were pressuring my mother to donate my organs while they were still good.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Definitely.

So has mu husband, daughter and granddaughter.

wildflowergal

Answer by wildflowergal at 8:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

Not so. Death won't win with this family.

wildflowergal

Answer by wildflowergal at 8:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2009