painful pain at 34wks

I'm 34wks pregnant, and I woke up last night with a pain in my hipbone. Its was so bad that my husband had to carry me to the bathroom, b/c I was crying every time I walked. And then I woke up this morning at 8:30am and it wasn't as bad as earlier that night. But right now I woke up from my nap, and the pain was back, only 10 times worse! Does anyone know what this can be, and what I can do when it comes back so I can walk? I have stuff I have to do and right now I can't do them b/c of this pain.
P.S.
My baby is breech.

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it sounds like the baby is sitting on the sciatic nerve...can be VERY VERY painful and debilitating....try to get the baby to shift if you can....or put a hot or cold pack on it...unfortunately theres not much else you can do!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Sounds like the baby is either pressing your sciatic nerve or your hips are spreading and stretching to prepare. I had some bad hip pain in the 30th week or so, and had to sleep with a pillow under my knees. If you are not ready to lay down, then prop your feet up, drink lots of water or juice and see if that helps. You also might want to check up on the pregnancy yoga positions- some of them helped me out a lot with the pain! Good luck and I hope it gets better!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 8:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2009