Giving birth naturally....

I am so sick of moms who gave birth naturally with no meds/epidurals and they think they're better because of it. I'm a new mom...had to have an induction and then accepted an analgesic and then an epi for the pain and it doesn't make me less of a woman or less of a good mother!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• there is nothing wrong with any of that...ill admit im one of those mothers that had an easy birth with next to no meds...but thats only cause i could tolerate it, not cause i didnt want to...i told my nurse that if i needed an epi i would do it....it just never came to that...one of my husbands friends wives had to be enduced, slightly sedated, and then an epi....she was in sooooo much pain it was understandable! and the baby is now 7 and perfectly fine!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I had 2 kids naturally but let me tell you I am no better than anyone by any means. With my first I was young and scared and not educated enough and one year later I swore I was having a epi. But I went in and I was 12 cm and crowning. I didn't even know it.The nurses delievered the baby at 35wks. This time I AM GETTING THE DRUGS!!
    I know what youmean I hate how people say it's a wonderfull experience because its not its a blood bath!
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Women that give birth naturally aren't better than ones that get meds or that have c sections. The birth process is major process. Just be proud that you did what was best for yourself and your baby. That's all that really matters.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• obviously u do think ur less....ur on here complaining away
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think I can understand your vent but do you have to group evereyone who chooses to birth naturally in the same category. I'm a natural birther and I would NEVER think I'm better than you or the next person. I'm sorry you're angry but it really makes me angry when someone categorizes me into a group that I don't belong. Just because I choose NOT to use a hospital and all the mainstream ideas about childbirth, does not make me a person that would judge you for what you choose. Though I would say it wasn't for me, I won't hit you down for giving birth in a different place than I would. Your post/question is the epitome of predjudice. Something this world can do a little more without. Can't you see that?

MarynmomofColby

Answer by MarynmomofColby at 8:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• no if I was "complaining away" I'd be saying a lot more, as would the other mothers on here, thank you very much. and for the record I do not think I am less of anything. I just think it's very inconsiderate how "some" other women are completely condescending about medicated birth. I had a great birth experience!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I also did not say that *every" mother who gives birth naturally acts that way! I am not grouping anybody! Read before you post next time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• MarynmomofColby- The OP said, "I am so sick of moms who gave birth naturally with no meds/epidurals and they think they're better because of it"

Clearly, you don't think you are better than anyone because of the way you gave birth, so obviously she wasn't talking about you or people that think like you. What can she say to that? She can say, a little comprehension goes a long way.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i dont think im any better than a mother who took an epi or not. my first, i was young and scared silly! i didnt research all the options i had and didnt know what was going on with my body..my first mistake was relying on doctors to tell me what was going on with MY body. this pregnancy i will be going all natural. i just think that its best for me and my babies.based on pure expirience with the epi. no mother is better than the next based on HOW you gave birth.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 8:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I don't think she's complaining, she's just voicing her thoughts. Isn't that what this site is for?? My ex SIL was like that. She didn't have meds and thought she was queen shit because she didn't and I had to have a C-section(no choice in the matter)(our kids are 3 months apart) and she made me feel like I really didn't give birth. I also opted for the epi with my daughter and again she brought up that she didn't take any meds(my neice is 10). Annoying!
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2009