Do you eat dinner alone with your children or you wait for dh to arrive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• we're a mess. my kids eat about 745 alone but I hang out with them and nibble/snack at what they're eating so we can chat and tell stories. I eat alone about 11 right before I goto bed and DH eats at work about 1am! On his nights off we eat at the big table or lay out a huge blanket and have a picnic,
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• when my husband was on days we always waited for him to come home and eat at the supper table. now he is on night shift so we have dinner together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• we all eat together my DD eats what we do now so we all eat together it's easier and we all love it. Even when she was on the baby food we all sat at the table together. Yes, I am a little old fashion.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Depends on the day and what we have going on. We really need to get into a routine.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• We always eat together unless he is out of town. Dinner in my house is at 6pm prompt.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• we always eat together unless he is going to work to late for us to wait for him then me and the kids eat together
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• We eat together unless my husband works til 8, and we are hungry before that. I eat with my son and we just added my baby daughter to the table too! My mother raised us to all eat together always, she used to get very upset when we all started working and some of us werent home to eat, lol.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• We eat together no matter what time dh gets home from work. If he works late then the kids get a snack to hold them over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I always wait for my hubby. I don't care what time he comes home, I wait. Unless he calls and tells me to go ahead and eat without him.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 10:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• If we waited for DH we'd be waiting a LOOOONG time. He usually gets home around 9 or 10 and the kids and I ate around 6.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 11:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2009