When is an acceptable age to allow your daughter to shave/nair her legs?

This is a VERY touchy subject for me as I was made fun as child because of my hair legs. Coming form an Italian decent, my daughter and my self have very dark hair that is EXTREMELY noticeable. She has been asking me for awhile but I have put her off because I thought she was too young. Then today I noticed how much and how dark the hair is on her legs....I don't want her to go through what I went through. Is almost 10 too young????

debbadoo71

Asked by debbadoo71 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• i started when i was 9 i think....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i started when i was ten and no i don't think it is too early
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I started shaving when I was in the 5th grade. But only like one other person did. I'd say when they start their period. And btw I was almost 10 too. I don't think thats too young anyway esp for her situation.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think if it's that bad then yes it's time.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My mom let me when I was 12, when I got my period

My sister got to shave her legs at 10 because thats when she got her period.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I dont think 9 is too young, especially for her situation. Aside from her situation though i dont think shaving legs is such a big issue....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• 10 or 11 is ok I think. If she starts asking about shaving her "upper thigh area", you may wanna have a talk with her!!!
    Anonymous

• I would let her I don't think it's too young and if you noticed it i'm sure classmates have. I wouldn't want my child made fun of either
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 8:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm American Indian and have very fine hair. But I was best friends with a girl who had very dark hair and she started shaving when she was 8. Her mother let her bc the other kids at school were teasing her soo bad; I felt so bad for her. I think whenever it gets to the point of being noticeable its ok to let them- you already stated you don't want her to go through the same thing you went through!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 8:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Once she shaves it's going to come back even darker. I wouldn't let my daughter do it. Even if she shaves her legs, the kids will find something to tease her about.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009