When you are new in Okinawa (few questions!)

Hi, we are ready to finally get into the island and we were wondering about the hotels and the available transportation from/to the hotel. We will be staying and need to report at Foster, which hotels are around there and is there places where we could just walk to? how about the base is it really far, or is there any shuttles or buses that they provide, if anyone remember or have any suggestions about hotels and stuff please let me know, we are not gonna have a car for few days so we were just wondering how are we gonna survive this adventure.... Thanks!

chixgbk

Asked by chixgbk at 8:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Travel

• Oh jeez? lol
    The transportation there is pretty good - there's a lot of subway systems... I wouldn't recommend taxis... running would get you there faster than taxis sometimes... most of the time. Traffic while I was there was murder-worthy. >:[
    Westpac Inn is a plain "hotel" ON Camp Foster... which might make things handy enough for you.. Since you'll be there for unsaid amount of time, I would definitely opt for that. There are some nice resorts there too, if you'd want.. like... Laguna Garden Hotel. or.. Grand Mer, i think it's called. My husband was Army, so I'm not TOO familiar with Foster... >_>

Good luckkk~ Hoped I helped.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'll have to ask my boyfriend, he was stationed there for a few years and LOVED it :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 5:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'm not sure how it all works for being on foster. When we got here there were buses waiting to take the singles to their dorms or hotels, but families usually have sponsors. Your sponsor should either help take you guys where you need to go or at least help you figure it all out. if not, ask around on okinawa moms group here. I'll help out if you need anything, but there might be other mommies on foster who could help you better than I could (I'm near Kadena)
    ShyViolett

Answer by ShyViolett at 1:33 AM on Aug. 12, 2009