Im 21 weeks Pregnant .... Help my back n buttocks hurt BAD!!

Last night I got home from visiting my sister as I tried to lay in bed I felt my back splitting open OUCH !! then pain began to get sharp on my left buttocks. Its constant, but now Im cramping I called my Dr all she said was it might be your Sciatic nerve, but it hurts so bad I try to get up and hurts I can walk but once I try to sit gain the pain is there once again :( I tried hot pad, laying, sitting, yoga and it goes away while I move once I stop to rest pain is more sharp. If I sit to long hurts as much.

ehall13

Asked by ehall13 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like sciatic nerve pain to me. I'm sorry. Unfortunately there's not much you can do for it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I too would say it is your nerve, you could use a pillow between your legs when sleeping and one under you knees when sitting.. this helped me... I feel for you...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 9:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm 3 months and I constantly have pains in my buttocks. =\
    Good to know I'm not the only one, all my pregnant friends don't have that problem
    ChelseaG23

Answer by ChelseaG23 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• This is my 4th pregnancy and Ive never had this pain on my buttocks ... Then again in Feb. I fell and hurt my back .. I dont know if that has to do with it.
    ehall13

Answer by ehall13 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2009