best friend hit.....advice?

one of my closet friends was having an argument with her husband while they were in the car. as the screaming match increased between them he slapped her really hard on the face. there is a bruise that shows where he hit her.
she tried to get out of the car while it was still moving and he begged her to keep in the car.....and just kept apologising
well he has continued to beg her for her forgiveness and promising that it will never happen again since then. anyways my friend is really upset and doesn't know what to do........i don't know what type of advice to give her.....what do u guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I guess it depends on the situation and what she really wants to do.
    If they've been together for quite a while - and that was the first time he's ever done that... and she'd like to continue working things out - I'd suggest anger management for him, individual and marriage counseling as well.
    If it's been done before, or he's verbally abusive..she's not comfortable with him anymore... get the hell out of the relationship.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• She needs to get out NOW and he needs counseling. This is how it starts...he'll apologize and swear it will never happen again and suck up to her...but if he lost control once chances are he will again and next time she may not be so lucky. Take pictures and call the cops...they will court order therapy for him. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I honestly think your friend needs to end the relationship and move on. I was in a couple of abusive relationships when I was younger and looking back now...I really should have just ended it the first time because it wasn't the last time these guys abused me and it got worse and I have alot of issues because of it now. Most men will abuse again. Please tell your friend to be strong and to love herself more than this guy and move on asap!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• reflect back on what the fight was about... if it is an issue that will be in their life... she does not want to get into a long relationship with an abuser, with that said the fight could have pushed both of the over an edge they had not been to before, perhaps some goal setting would help them ... good luck
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 9:07 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• she needs to leave id doesnt matter what the fight was about. thats how every abusive relationship starts. tell her to leave, NOW
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• didn't this just happen recently in the news with Chris Brown? If he'll do it once he'll do it again and it will escalate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• YEP!!!!!! until he admits he has a problem He will again and again... then to any children if there are any and tell her to go talk to someone.The hardest part is taking the FIRST STEP once she has gotten away she does need counseling!!!!.So that if any other relationships that will come into her life she needs to learn not to be a victim anymore....
    lilDonna

Answer by lilDonna at 10:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• If he's hit her once he'll do it again. Once he knows she'll take it he'll do it over and over. May not be constantly but when he gets to that point again he'll lose it.
    With my hubbs it started out with a push, not even a hard one.
    She needs to show him she will not stand for it.
    LilChynaDollie

Answer by LilChynaDollie at 1:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• so what happened with ur husband lilchynadollie?........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2009