Is it true you ALWAYS have to have a c section after having one alreadY??

I was told by my dr yes its true then a diff said no. he said im so young that my c section will heel like it never even happened. i also have an IUD and d not plan on getting pregnant for another 2-3 years...

i want a normal vaginal birth next time. who here had a c section and their dr told them they had to have sections from then on out?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Health

• I had a c-sect and pregnant now... my doc has not said that I will have to have another c-section if this one goes well ( had an emergency one due to premature labor)
    However, my best friend had a c-section and was told that she could not give vaginal birth anymore...didn't even bother explaining why... and she went on to have 2 vaginal births after her first c-sect. So... No.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You can have a vbac.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• not these days... you can give birth naturally with your second...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 9:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You will get many conflicting stories from doctors, they usually don't want you to VBAC because c-sections are easier and quicker for them and in their opinions "less liabilitiy". I also had a c/s with my 2nd child and am pregnant now and my doctor has told me i have to repeat c/s. My births will only be 13 months apart. You have to find a really good midwife/doula because I've learned they are far more supportive than docs when it comes to VBAC. I've also heard if you do VBAC, it's better to NOT be induced because you get harder contractions when induced.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• if 1 doctor told you yes and another no then that means you definitely can have a vbac but the 'no' doctor doesn't like them. A lot of doctors don't for fear of malpractice reasons. I'd interview several practices and read their websites plus talk to your hospital's ob floor for a tour and questions. Some have classes for repeat sections and also vbacs in addtion to natural childbirth classes. I had a really tough first delivery ending in section plus infection and hospitalization for me for over aweek later. For my second and third babies I interviewed doctors practices and toured hospitals. It was well worth my time to do that!!

Congratulations!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Research VBAC, Google it. Many doctors will just tell you flat out that you cannot have a vaginal birth after a C-Section, but this is more their medical opinion than a fact. This is still a very controversial subject in the medical field, but more and more people are opening up to the option of VBAC.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 9:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i had a cesarean with my first. #2 and 3 were all natural vbacs. no problems at all. i switched to midwives and they were awesome!

bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I was just reading in one of my pregger books about VBACs. I guess it depends on the incision made with the first one. If it's a horizontal one right above your pubic bone, than a VBAC is something that you can consider. I also encourage lots of research, even Google University is a good place to go. There is a lot of good information on the web, you just need to know where to find it.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 10:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• no it is not true

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It depends on how you are cut, why you had the C-section and how much time has passed. I have to have a C-section because of the way I was cut and because my pelvic bones don't seperate for the baby to descend. I am cut up and down outside and side to side inside, so the risk of a tear is high. I will go with safety first.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009