Spitting up??

My 2 month old son is spitting up and then right after has the hiccups right after he eats.. Is this O.K.?? How do u solve hiccups?? What is the cause of spitting up??? How do u solve it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hiccups is fine. my daughter has them at least twice a day. i asked her pedi about it and she said its no big deal... my daughter would also usually spit up right before or during hiccups.. something about the spit up being right there and the hiccup helping it to just pop out. all babies will spit up at one point. its natural and no big deal
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• The dr switched my 2 month to soy formula and she always gets the hiccups too. the spitting up has stopped
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• check the formula issue, feed your little on with her tipped on her side almost sitting up, pat her back the entire time she is eating... i would stop about every 1/2 oz to let her rest and you to move the air up... if the air in his tummy then you put formula on top of it as it comes up so will the formula... good luck
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 9:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Babies don't yet have a fully developed valve in their esophagus. This valve in older children and adults, prevents backflow or "spitting up." Babies usually start to spit up less around 6 months. Until then, try burping your baby regularly to prevent the buildup of air in his tummy. When babies eat, especially from a bottle, they swallow air along with the formula or breastmilk (though some breastfed babies do not spit up at all-mine did, though less than most formula-fed babies I have seen). Young babies also tend to hiccup quite frequently, just like when they were in the womb. Both of these things are perfectly normal. If you have concerns though, you can always call your doctor and ask his/her advice. If your baby is spitting up everything he eats or making strange noises, it could be acid reflux.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 9:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2009