My son never got bad rash but my 2yo cousin is red as fire and in pain I dont know what to do HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im over my familys house & my 2yo cousin keeps getting bad rash, she been changed every 2-3hours but its like the rash keeps oming back and it gets real bad my son never had a bad rash, hell none of his rash last more the 1day so Im clueless on what to do to help her all she dose is cry please give tips.... butt-fase, peri-guard, vaseline, oatmeal bath ALL dont work, Im about to try a baking soda bath but not sure that would help.......and ideals ladys?????????????

MotherOfOne313

Asked by MotherOfOne313 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• baking soda is good also that butt paste starts with a B
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my daughter has a bad one right now. tell her to let her child be without diaper for like 45 min at a time to air it out. right when they pee or poo change it immediately. dont use wipes... have her rinse his bum off in the bathtub with water and baby soap. wipes will burn and irritate it more. if you need to, use a soft papertowel with water to get poop away. but softly. a woman on here told me to use A&D plus hydrocortizone cream on their butt too.

my mom told me to take my daughter swimming because the clorine will help kill the bacteria on the butt.

butt paste desitin powder nothing is working on my daughter right now, so im going to try the hydrocortizone and a+d

good luck!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Make sure when changing the child you use a wipe to wipe off the urine that may be on hes/her skin. Also give a bath at night right before bed so the child is clean and put to bed with a clean diaper. I just use "Desitin Creamy" it helps provide overnight relief. Number one choice by pediatricians and it's hypoallergenic.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You can use wipes during the day time changing and at baths during the day and or night is also good to rinse off the pee. Use the wipes with no fragrance.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Take her to the doctor and ask your pediatrician.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Try yeast cream.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Stop with the diaper wipes and let the child go diaperless only clean with Gentle soap and water let the child air out .......... just monitor it... the rash will go away check what kind of diapers u are using the cheaper brands are really the worse even though you might not be able to afford them or not my 2 children could not wear pampers cause they kept breaking out with rash check also what are you feeding the child I no it is a pain but do it the old fashion way wash cloth but try to keep the diaper off as long as you can and what i used to do was everytime they peed or pooped i would wash them in the tub if nothing happens withins 24 hours consult your doctor I wish you the best of luck oh yea just love em...They grow so fast....
    lilDonna

Answer by lilDonna at 10:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• a&d ointment the purple one
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 10:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• What does the rash look like? Is it just red skin? Are there little red bumps? Are there red bumps closer to the perineum? It could be diaper rash, a yeast infection, or eczema. Sometimes it is caused by what she is eating, if she is drinking too many sugary drinks perhaps. I'd cut back on juice (cut it with water if you have to), let her air out for a while, then apply a think lotion like Aquafor and then good barrier cream like A&D. If it's closer to the perineum and is small groups of red bumps then it could be a yeast infection and a doctor should evaluate it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Could it be a yeast infection instead of diaper rash? Some diaper rash ointments will make a yeast infection worse. I would take her to the doctor to get it checked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Aug. 6, 2009