• In the Spotlight:

my unborns father hasnt wanted anything to do with me since I was aprox 6 weeks pregnant

now in the past two week, me now being 37 weeks pregnant, has called a lot, asking about me, how I am doing, and he has asked me to dinner and a movie twice already.
I loved this man more than anything, and he ripped my heart out when he left me alone, and pregnant.
Now he wants to try to be a father, and a "provider" was his words.
But I'm so scared that its a game, and I'm just going to get hurt again.
How can you tell if someone is trying to be a "man" or just playing games with your emotions.
My parents have tried to tell me that he could be playing games to avoide me going after him for child support-
Idk what to think.
I just don't want to risk taking that leap of faith if its just another game he is playing.
Any opnions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My little brother did the same thing to his ex-girlfriend. He showed up at the end of her pregnancy with the plan's of fighting for custody if it was his baby. Thank god it wasn't because the mom was loopy enough to lose custody of her baby and my little brother is an idiot who (IMO) isn't fit to be a dad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Im going through i similar situation right now. Im 13 weeks pregnant and the father of my baby hasnt been there either. I dont know if my baby could hear me right now that its in my belly, but i talk to him a lot and i know i can do it with or without his help. My baby will give me all the strength i need and i think your baby will also do the same for you. Just think about whats best for your child and youll have your answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my x left me every time he got me pregnant and came home close to the time of birth or just after I got out of the hospital. I'm glad I finally divorced the jerk. Being left alone when we need them the most sucks.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• no matter what put your child first. Two things could of happened here one he ran like the heck cause he was scared when you told him you was preg. The thought of parent hood could of freaked him out. Or then he could of just ran cause he just did not man up. well take into count he is back, but just because he is back does not mean anything. What will count is if he is still around after the baby is here. No  matter what let him put his name on the birth certificate and apply for child support. if he stays or goes that name is there and he is stating he is the father. Which when the time  comes you can take him for child support . My point is cover your bases but don't always look for the worst cause then it will happen.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I say ignore him. Don't go after him for child support, and don't put his name on the birth certificate. When you find the man you love and get married then he can adopt you baby because it will have no father. You just have to put an article in the newspaper telling people it will happen and if no one contests it, he will be adopted by your husband.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have the same issue. I am 8 months pregnant and my bf walked out last month. I wouldnt let him back in your life. He should be able to see the baby once in a while though. after all he is the father. Godd luck with the baby! is this ur first? this is my third. i have a 15 and 10 year old. and I am also single so i dont know how I manage!
    mommmyof2soon

Answer by mommmyof2soon at 9:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Your child is your number one priority. It is critical that you keep your relationship with this man separate from your child's relationship with him. Absolutely file for child support; this is what is best for your child. Set up a visitation agreement, too

Answer by rkoloms at 10:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My MIL went through this with my husband's older brothers (twins). She got pregnant and he split. She was all set to raise the baby's alone, but he showed up at the end of the pregnancy wanting to really be a dad. Her parents were actually unhappy about that!! (this was in 1978). Anyway, they got married and made a go of it. They had a third child (my husband) and he was an attentive father and he really did do his best. Unfortunately he had a drinking problem which ultimately ended the marriage.

I don't know what to tell you because I don't know you or your BF, so all I can do is tell you an anecdote.

It's possible that in the past few months he really did some soul searching and saw the folly of his ways. Give him a chance, but be wary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• See...I can't believe all of you Moms have decided to get pregnant with some loser SO's instead of waiting to get married to a real nice guy, and THEN getting pregnant. It is not fair to the baby. And its just a bad thing all the way around because there is no commitment or reponsibilty involved. So-if the father is suddenly interested in seeing you, try to get some commitment from him. If he won't marry you, he is not worth your time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• well.. thats a hard one.. could be both ways..but in the end.. i guess just go with ur gut and how u feel about it and if he happens to slip up. then u will know for real the truth..
    hillaryb1986

Answer by hillaryb1986 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 30, 2010