mirena...

im almost 37 weeks pregnant & really considering using mirena after my son is born. i just wanted to know from the people who have mirena [or anyother type of birth controll like mirena] if they had any complications, what it was like, & how its working out for you so far? i cant take birth controll pills because it makes me throw up, plus im pretty busy & dont always remember to take it everyday.

JuwansMommy

Asked by JuwansMommy at 9:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Health

• I had mirena and loved it. I had it in for a year and a half when I decided to take it out, and we got pregnant REALLY fast also. Had it taken out March 6th, the doctor told us to wait 2 months to try cause my uterus was still thin, so figuring it would take us about 6 months to get pregnant we started trying april 1st and got a positive test april 26th. I say it was the best BC I ever used!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I got the mirena at my 6 wk check up. I love it! It didnt hurt to have it put in just some pinching & for me my cervix (sp) didnt want to be in the right place so it took a little longer for me. My SO dosent feel any strings during sex. I have a little light spotting here & there but nothing too bad mostly I'm dry though. I got it in 1 yr later I had some spotting for 3 mo then it stopped a few mo later I had spotting for a mo or two then went away for a bit & now some time later I have been having slight spotting again but heck its better then a full on period!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have merena. It's time to come out, finally. It was very painful going in, and it poked my husband. I bled like crazy for about 3 months. Now, they can be every other week, and last from one day to five, but they're always light. I'm extremely fertile, and since my youngest is almost 6, I know merina's effective. My body took a couple of years to adjust to it though, and I'll never use an IUD again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I have the Mirena and love it. I bled for a bit when it was inserted but that is normal, as is spotting for the first couple months after insertion. I don't have any period at all now. Mirena is the first birth control I have been on that has actually allowed me to lose weight.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 12:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009