hiccups

my son is a week old and he always has hiccups. does anyone have any idea how i can help him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nursing or sucking will often help stop the hiccups in babies. That is the only thing that helped with my kids. My second son had violent hiccups. He never seemed to mind, but they hurt me!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• They have this stuff called gripe water it seems all natural but I am going to call my ped. My cousin used it on her twins with no problem but it is for hiccups and colic
    Christiansmom06

Answer by Christiansmom06 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• if he is getting them a lot now he probably got them a lot inside you. he is used to them and they shouldnt bother him. even though its hard to watch, he is okay....he wont hiccup everyday forever! be patient baby bodied need to work themselves out!
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 3:34 AM on Aug. 6, 2009