Purpose Driven Life Day 2 What are you struggling to accept?

Thinking about my purpose

Point to Ponder: I am not an accident

Verse to Remember: "I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born." Isaiah 44:2 (CEV)

Question to Consider: I know that God uniquely created me. What areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I often struggle with being a very analytical person and feeling the need to control most things in my life. I have a plan of how my life should play out and it's difficult for me to think that someone else has a better one. I'm pregnant so I would say I'm struggling with all of the physical inconveniences that brings even though I know I have a wonderful gift inside me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm struggling with accepting that I should NOT use my credit card to go on the NKOTB cruise.

NO! No No No! Stop looking at it, Laura! I KNOW there's a payment plan.... but NO!

I mean.. yes... I know I'm supposed to give up my desires and wants... that's what's making me miserable in the first place & putting up a brick wall between me & enlightenment.... But have you SEEN them lately?!? All that Buddha talk sounds like "blah, blah, blah" when they're within reach! LOL

Must.... Resist... Temptation..!!!! Somebody talk me down from the ledge!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHH!

*I need chocolate*

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I never made it that far. Thought that book was more about concentrating on self and less on God. Never been a Rick Warren or Emergent Seeker Friendly church fan though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• UGH! Rick Warren *blech* talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Aug. 6, 2009