i'm 16 weeks and i think i'm feeling the baby but i'm not sure?

how does it feel? i have no idea its my first baby. they say it feels like flutter, but to me it feels like gas or just like my lower stomach gets really hard. i just cant explain it. i dont know if it's the baby or what.

mellyhayes

Asked by mellyhayes at 9:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah it felt like gas bubbles to me, now I can only descirbe it as a baby kicking, LOL

gas bubbbles sounds like kicks they'll get stronger as baby gets bigger
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It probably is the baby. You will become more sure in a week or so!!! I then in another week there will be no doubt!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• it's probably the baby it will become alot more obvious to you in a few weeks
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 10:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Im a first time mother. and Im 34wks right now
    at first it will feel like the "homesick feeling" or butterflies in your stomach. and as you get father along you willl feel them more and more..
    at first I wasn't sure what I was feeling, I just thought that I wanted to go home (I live with my husband) but the doctor told me this. and now that I'm father along I feel more and more kicks and sqruims but I still feel that "homesick feeling"
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• 16 weeks is too early for a first time mom another 2-4 weeks when it is your next preganacy they baby will be able to be felt at 16 weeks b/c they have more room now things are too tight baby is small-- I thought it felt like bubbles in there I was 19 weeks when I could feel dd-- put your hand on a humidifier whent it is on that gentle BBBBBBBB is what it feels like
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Well this is my 3rd baby and I'm 16 weeks as well (when is your due date by the way?) and I have felt him or her moving, too. The best way I can describe it is like a quick little miniscule punch from the inside. It happens so quickly it's over before I can think and then it happens again in the same spot, and when I put my hand there, they stop! Must be a bashful baby hehe.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• It felt like butterfly wings to me. I think it was closer to 20 weeks for my first. But by the second I knew what I was feeling.

Answer by Bmat at 10:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I felt my first son when I was 16 weeks... I said it felt like there was a kitten in there rolling around.
    Rachel315

Answer by Rachel315 at 12:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I am a first timer and have felt the baby flutters since about 15 almost 16 weeks. It just depends on the person and how much you pay attention to your body. It does feel a bit like gas sometimes, but as you feel it more and more you will be able to start telling the difference easier. And I get the hard belly thing too, not quite sure what that is.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• my due date is jan 15
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 10:55 AM on Aug. 6, 2009