(minimum 6 characters) I being stupid?

Alright well Im just curious Im not gonna make this too long but I strongly believe I have depression and honestly my husband wants me to go talk with a specialist about it but Im worried that if I do talk to somebody that they'll think Im crazy (dont worry Im not suicidal!) and that they'll take my kids away (the biggest fear I have ever had! ever since they were born!) my kids are my life and even though Im going through depression..Im honestly trying to avoid talking with anybody because I feel stupid and crazy and they'll take my kids away! (even though my reasons shouldnt have my kids taken away..dont worry Ive never wanted or even THOUGHT about hurting them!)

But I dont want to get any worse...what should I do?!

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Health

• you should talk to someone and if they thought about taking your kids they have to do an investigation first anyway and if you aren't hurting them the nyou have nothing to worry about

Answer by masonelismom at 12:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I take Vitamin B- sublingual, available at Wal-Mart. It has made a world of difference. If you choose to see a professional, your records are private..unless you are of harm to yourself or others. It is nothing to be ashamed doctor says that 90% of his patients suffer with either depression or anxiety. You are not alone. Hang in there!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I know what u mean. I was like that a few months ago. I went to my ob-gyn and she gave me some meds and she made an appointment for me to talk with a shrink. The meds realy workd and now 4months later I dont have take them. Try to take time for just you. Lock yourself in the restroom and soak for 10-15mins in the tub at least once or twice a wk. Take it easy dont over stress your self. Hope this helpd out alittle for you.

Answer by MarilenasMommy at 12:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I had depression and anxiety, while pregnant and no one said that I would have to give up my daughter when I gave birth! My mother has been clinically depressed ever since I was 3 months old and both my sister and I were in her life and her in ours every day! As everyone else has said, unless they percieve you as a threat to your children, then they will remain in your care! I really would recommend that you seek medical/psychological assistant so that you can start to feel better emotionally! Most doctors would much prefer that you seek help, so that you can be emotionally strong for your self and children! So, do it without any worries! Good luck and I really hope you feel better soon!

Answer by ryleemom at 1:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• It sounds like you do have anxiety as well. Many mothers I know are on or have been on something to help. I would definately see your family doctor to discuss it. Sometimes it can be caused by hormones being out of wack. Mine turned out to be a thyroid problem. If you are interested here is a link to a self evalution to see if it could be hormonal instead of just depression. I hope you feel better soon

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 3:31 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I know how you feel. I am dealing with that now. I have been put on meds, and now I am dealing with two little ones, and my DH being off work. I don't know what to do. As for your kids, they will not take them away, cause they have to investigate and I am sure that you are not a bad mom or putting you kids in danger. They best way to go since you are pregnant is to go to a pregnacy center near you and go through counciling there. i am and I am doing great since I have started going.

Answer by his_babygirl at 12:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2008