At what age can you switch from baby lanudry detergent to regular detergent?

Draydensmom7708

Asked by Draydensmom7708 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I always say if r unsure the magic age is 1, although I stopped using it around 10months
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 10:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I stopped using baby soap after the second bottle ran out and my son did fine. I would say he was about 4 months old.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• it also depends on if your baby has very sensitive skin.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I never used baby detergant, and my baby was fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my 1st born and 3rd born sons both have ezema and i never used baby laundry detergent. i just always used unscente clear laundry detergent for all the families laundry. Now i use any kind of laundry det. as long is it is not real strong scented.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• i did at 1 year and i suggested my sister to do the same.. but i dont really think that its a really big deal about it unless she allergic to the kind u normally use for ur clothes but if she was allergic she would still break out from when she lays on your clothing and things.. and the only reason i really did a year is because for some odd reason my husband went and brought the very BIg bottle of dreft and we didnt run out until after the year anyways..
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 10:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I switch it on and off, and that's only because people bought me a few bottles of dreft at my baby shower and it isnt gone yet (Mamie is 10 months). But when I'm doing laundry, and Mamie needs clothes I'll throw some of hers in with mine, and I'll use regular. Hell, I need to buy regular detergent now that I think of it!
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I changed at age 1

Answer by admckenzie at 10:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I never used baby detergent and there were no issues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Since I"m allergic to a few detergents (save for arm and hammer) I'm going to wait till my babies are 1 then do a load in the tide anti allergy one. ITs designed for people who are allergic to certain detergents.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2009