Did anyone else see the mother who pulled her son with a leash in the cell phone store?

They were showing it on HLN. You cant really tell how old the boy is, and I havent heard.

What do you think about this?

I think she not necessarily a "child abuser" but just a stupid mom who did an ignorant thing.

I do think she needs psychiatric help too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think if she is doing something like this in public then she is doing worse behind closed doors. I think she needs help;however, I am unsure if this is abuse. I would say yes if I saw it in person.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 10:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• What happened?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I took my kids to a zoo this weekend and a woman had her 8 yr old son (looked same age as my daughter) attached to a koala bear backpack leash. He seemed to have no mental issues in the 30 minutes we were in a "show" next to them. How disturbing...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• They were in a cell phone store and supposidly the boy threw a fit and refused to walk...he had on one of those monkey back pack leashes and she drug him through the entire store....someone picked up a phone and recorded it.

She is being charged, but I am not sure with what.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I haven't seen it. I think it depends on where the leash was and how she was pulling him. I have those leashes that look like back packs. My kids loved them. Specially when they first started walking.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't say abuse I think she's just really stressed and needs a break
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• He was laying on the floor and she was just walking and pulling in along behind her like a wagon. The video was sort of grainy and not a lot of detail.

I like those leash thingy's for some kids, but not in the fashion she used this one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I saw the video. I need more info though before making a judgement. I have a child with an autism spectrum disorder and there have been times when he was on the floor of a store and stiff as a board so I couldn't pick him up. I loved stores with carts because I never had any trouble when he was riding in one...go figure!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I thought it was hilarious! not because the child was "hurt" but have you ever had a child do the go limp crap on you! gah that crap is annoying! You can tell she was embarrassed and annoyed... was it a poor choice yes could she seriously injure her child yes but I think it was a durr moment not her being a child abuser. But you need to know back ground you cant just go off of that video like if she has had to deal with CPS before etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Back when my son was about 2 1/2, we were pcs'ed to Germany. He and I had to go alone and I bought a leash for him. He did not have a problem with it. And I did not have to worry that he would get lost in the shuffle.

Once I was asked to video a football game and had no one to watch him for me - the leash came in handy.

As for the mama dragging her kid.... I think there is to much being made out of it.
    JonesboroGypsy

Answer by JonesboroGypsy at 12:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2009