Do you want a cow? This is cool. :)

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Sustainable-Farming/Small-Breed-Milk-Cows.aspx?utm_campaign=SLCS&utm_medium=email&utm_source=iPost&utm_content=08.05.09+SLCS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My dad grew up on a dairy farm....and unpasteurized milk is about the grossest thing...I know its not harmful to you or anything. But when it is "fresh squeezed" lol.....it has a huge layer of foam on top....blahhhh....

I couldn't handle that. My dad now has lots of chickens and always wants us to eat those eggs...it just grosses me out to think about where milk and eggs come from. I like to buy them from the grocery store and pretend I dont know....lol!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Really? How childish. My kids love getting and eating our eggs. Probably cuz we live in the city.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You live in the city and you have fresh eggs? How is that and why would they like them better than someone living in the country?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• They haven't ever gotten to do anything much with farm animals so it is fun for them. Yes we live in the city and have 5 chickens. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Oh, my kids think its great. I just dont like seeing the butt of the chicken that just pooped out my breakfast...lol

I have a mental block about it. lol

I mean really, who was the first person that was watching a chicken lay an egg and saw it and said,,,,hey, I wanna eat that...!!! yum.....lol.....

I am halfway joking, I have eaten them, but would rather not....all I do is picture my dads chickens which my kids have all named after sesame street characters...;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• there is absolutely nothing wrong with food supplies being made on your own sustainable farm. i would recommend it for anyone that wants to and can. don't mock anything you know nothing about.
    farm raised chicken eggs have almost no cholesterol and have very high levels of omega 3 naturally. once you get used to the better quality eggs the store brands taste like crap.
    a small dairy cow can produce as much as 5 gallons of milk a day, when the pantry is bare and so is your checkbook old bessie outside with the bright pink udders can look pretty attractive.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• and just a side note, a freshly laid egg has a natural antibiotic protective coating on it until manufacturers wash it off for the grocery stores. the farm fresh eggs some may think as gross or dirty are cleaner than what you buy at the grocery store.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:23 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I want a farm...and I drink enough milk to NEED a cow. I just dont have the money to GET a farm, and even if I did, my husband would'nt help I've expressed this as a wish of mine, and he shot it down. The question is, if I had the money to buy a farm, and my husband didnt want to come with me to it, I'd say, see ya... I dont see anything wrong with a little hard work. I'm lucky he cuts the grass and takes out the garbage, as far as outside chores go.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009