what's his problem?

me and my boyfriend haven't seen eachother in 3 weeks because he works so much (and we live a half hour away from eachother). and we were talking online about how much we miss eachother and he said "i would come over just to give you a hug and a kiss, thats how much i miss you" so i said "then come over" and he says "i can't i have to work in the morning" pretty much acting like he's going to bed early which i know he wont.. he never does. he will sit on the computer for half the night. so i just said "ok, ill be right back" then he texts me and says hes coming over.. and im like i thought u work in the morning.. and just like that he says okay i wont. what is his deal?? he acts like he misses me sooo much then won't come over. im confused. what do you guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't know. Tell him to come over anyway. Half an hour is not that far of a drive!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• If he don't come over, he's not your boyfriend, no more than a penpal
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• How old are you? 16?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Meet half way

Answer by admckenzie at 10:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• you should be writing into 17 magazine for advice. Are you someones mom? I feel sorry for that child or children that you are acting like a teenager. Whats wrong with you? If your not 17 then you need to get some respect for yourself and wait for the man to come to you. Quit chasing him, he doesnt respect you and he sounds like he's not all that together.
    you can do better than that sister.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Its simple, he said the first thing that popped in his head, then while you were doing something else, he thought better of it and changed his mind. Then when you questioned the change, he felt like you didn't want him to come over after all and you only mentioned it in the first place because you felt like you should. So he backtracked. DH and I do this all the time with things! Call him and tell him to come over, you were just "happily surprised" by his change of heart. Then be super thrilled to see him.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 12:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Actions speak louder then words, to me. He is your boyfriend. And you haven't seen him in 3 weeks. He only lives 1/2 hour away. If a man does not want to spend every waking minute with you. He's just not that into you.

Answer by louise2 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I agree with Louise2 - he's just not that into you. Sorry!
    If you are an adult, you will know that a half hour drive is not that long to see the one you love. Unless you date someone in the same town, it's about average. And the gotta go to work thing is just an excuse. No way did DH and I ever go 3 weeks without seeing each other when we were dating and we lived almost 40 mins. apart and he worked 2 jobs while I worked FT and went to school at night.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 10:17 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Louise is right!

Sorry but if he isn't making the effort...and apparently hasn't been for awhile...he just isn't in to you.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 6, 2009