can i take the tylenol cold multi symptom NIGHT TIME pill?

I am in my 1st trimester and I am sick. Can I take this?

pink72princess

Asked by pink72princess at 10:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • do you have a dr. on call to talk with. i took tylenol cold with 2 of my 3 boys and it was okay, but i don't want to give advice that is not okay with your caregiver. I definetly know sudefed is approved by most docs. though.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'm pretty sure you're supposed to avoid that stuff when your in your first trimester. I do know that it should be ok to take tylonel pm though, because with both of my pregnancies, I got restless leg syndrome, and the doc told me to take that to help me sleep. I would check about the cold meds though.
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I know in my pregnancies they told Mucinex was ok to take while pregnant and I had no problems or complications.
    happymommy06

Answer by happymommy06 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You can take Tylenol PM (acetominophen with diphenhydramine- aka Benedryl) or a Tylenol cold formula that has Phenylephrine rather than Psuedoephedrine as a decongestant. Stores have removed psuedoephedrine products from shelves and you have to get it from the pharmacy, so if you got it on the shelf, it doesn't have pseudoephedrine. Tylenol cold products do not have alcohol, but some syrups like Nyquil do. Stay away from those. If you ever have any other questions about what is safe to take during a pregnancy, go to otispregnancy.org. They are a national organization that researches things that may be harmful during pregnancy (teratogens). I work there, so you can always PM me too :)
    PeaInMyPod

Answer by PeaInMyPod at 10:57 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I would not
    MrsNewMom

Answer by MrsNewMom at 11:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2009