• In the Spotlight:

how do you handle this potty training situation?

My girl poops in her undies, I immediately take her to sit on the potty...and she just doesn't want to stay seated properly.

She's getting up, trying to sit in the seat backwards, and basically smearing her poop every where she can.

I kept firmly sitting her down properly, which got her crying, which made her struggle more and spread poop more, which made me break down and yell for her to sit down. I mean it was just a downward spiral of a horrible potty training experience for both of us.

I know day one is supposed to be rough, but now I'm worried she's going to be all emotionally freaked out about sitting down properly again. AHHHH, help!

mogencreative

Asked by mogencreative at 10:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• First off dont yell or force I know its hard im going through the same thing with my daughter kinda, she poops in her pants and then takes them off and wipes it on the walls and bed. However if you force or yell she will associate the potty with it and wont ever want to sit on it. If she wants to sit backwards let her. Maybe she saw your hubby go to the bathroom and he was stading up facing backwards and thats why she wants to do it. Do you have the one that goes on the toilet. If she wants to sit backwards all you have to do is turn it around so its still normal but she is still facing the back
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Hubby saved the day by using his sweet but firm daddy voice to get her to sit right without any trauma.

:)
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:34 AM on Aug. 6, 2009