Whats Wrong With Me?!!!....

For the last couple months i have been feeling completely out of my element.i feel like my body is shutting down.i had my daughter zoe 9 months ago, and for the past couple months i have been overly exhausted. i go to bed around 11-12 pm(my husband gets home late from work) and i sleep about 8-12 hours at night and i wake up exhausted. i don't know y. my eyes will burn all day as if i was staring at the computer all night, and i will be absolutely tired all day. about 2 hours after i wake up in the morning i need a nap because i can't handle the exhaustion. i have gone to the doc. and they tested my thyroid, and im not anemic anymore, they don't know whats wrong, i thought it was narcolepsy but the doc. said it wasn't. i don't know what else to do, i can't live like this much longer, i have a duaghter to take care of along with chores and cooking. PLEASE HELP!!

Wife_Mommy_18

Asked by Wife_Mommy_18 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Health

• Do you think it could be related to depression? That is very common after having a baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• rbc.org Our Daily Bread you sound depressed -prayers
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• do you snore? If so, have they checked you for sleep apnea. It causes some of those symptoms.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• They checked your thyroid and iron. The next steps are to do a sleep study and run an autoimmune panel including A1C and ANA test.
    Your story sounds eerily similar to mine.
    What was your TSH level? Anything above a 3 is hypothyroid.
    What was your free T3 and T4? You may have problems not with producing thyroid hormone, but with converting it. Good luck.

I am NOT a doctor. (required disclaimer.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I was having those kind of problems after I had my son... And i got on an antidepressant and It really helped. I wasn't on it for too long, but it really gave me that little bit of help I needed to get moving. Good luck.
    Rachel315

Answer by Rachel315 at 11:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• thanks guys. i don't have another appt. until sep. 3rd. but i'll definately check some more things out.
    Wife_Mommy_18

Answer by Wife_Mommy_18 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2009