I know breastfeeding is best, but do you think this is just wrong?

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/dpgo_Breastfeeding_Doll_Sucky_Idea_2839826

Scroll down for video

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Why is a breastfeeding doll wrong, and a killing doll or a urinating doll right?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Um did you watch the little girl put on a bra with pasties and the baby suck on it? I think that most men would find that cool to watch. I am a huge breastfeeding advocate, but not for little girls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think its natural to breastfeed, so I have nothing against this doll.
    the bottle is unnatural
    would you rather brainwash your kid that thats right and then when they have babies they'll wanna ff and you can complain that breast is best
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Ok I had to watch that to make up my mind.

I do find it a little bit disturbing. I mean if a little girl sees her mother or aunt breastfeed and wants to pretend, thats fine...but why the fake boob contraption...I mean strange....

I would sort of worry that it could easily be perverted by some sick people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Let's just say that if you like the doll then you'll get it for your kid and if you don't like it you won't. If enough people find it appropriate then it will stay on the shelves. If people are turned off by it, then it won't sell and it will be a novelty item in some campy toy shop somewhere.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I know of many children who simply PRETEND to nurse their baby dolls. Why do dolls need to "do" anything??? What has happened to using your imaginationto play with dolls and mimic real life (comforting, changing diapers, rocking, cuddling, etc.)?!
    mir77

Answer by mir77 at 10:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I just watched it and i actually think it's cute. The boob thing is tastefully done. It doesn't look like boobs at all and the doll doesn't actually latch on to anything. Maybe I'm a weirdo, but I didn't see anything that disturbing about it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• OP here: this is my point. I DID and I would ALWAYS allow my daughter to play Mommy. She would pull up her shirt and "nurse" her baby. (She was two.) But the girl in the video is much older and should KNOW by that age that nursing is normal and natural. We are supposed to teach that. BUT THIS is ODDLY DISTURBING to me. NURSING IS BEST YES.....I do not dispute that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I find it disturbing. I dunno, breastfeeding is natural, but I dont think they need a doll to mimic it. Why dont they just make barbie able to breast feed? Like you fill her with water, and it leaks out while she feeds her baby? Seriously. Isnt it enough that she's watching her mother and learning it from her? We buy them kitchen sets with full plastic entrees, easy bake ovens, vacuums that really pick up, shopping carts, dollies with all the accessories (baby carriages, strollers, bottles, diapers, cribs, high chairs) dolls that shit, piss, puke, drink, speak, cry, burp, fart. I mean I had a few dolls as a kid, and some Barbies with enough clothes to keep them happy for a week, I pretended to change the dolls, cook the food, I made doll bed out of blankets, and towels, or pillows in laundry baskets. I turned out just fine.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Once again, the crazy BF people who can't put a face with a comment LOL Get over yourselves. I breastfeed. I already explained to my 4 yr old about how her little sister will be eating and how she ate when she was a baby. Why do you need a dool to brainwash your kids at an early age? Can't you be honest with them and make up your own mind?

There's NOTHING wrong with using a bottle! WHat year is it? Oh yah, I use a pump and have the ability to put my own milk in a bottle, so I'm not running to pick up my daughter from school with a tit hanging out in front of a bunch of kids!

This doll is nuts and I think most of the people who think no one should have any problem with it or have an opinion other than yours are all crazy too!
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009