16th birthday

My daughter turns 16 in Oct. We arent ready to buy her a car nor can we afford it right now. She knows we have that all planned out for later. We mentioned her having a party at home and shes afraid everyone will make fun of her. So I said "no party then" Now she has changed her mind. What can I do for her at home that wont cost an arm and a leg, but will still be COOL. We have girl parties frequently and her and friends have always enjoyed them. I think some of her friends enjoy the attention. I was thinking of having someone do pedicures or somthing, any ideas.

mzbarker2

Asked by mzbarker2 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Just throw a party! There will be boys there right? If so, you can hire a dj (if not get to searching and compiling a bunch of music for them), have some snacks, drinks (non alcoholic of course). And make it a parrrrtaaaayyy!! I would do the pedicures with maybe 3 of her closest friends the day of the party as an intimate thing.
    RaiderMommy

Answer by RaiderMommy at 11:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Thats pretty much what we were thinking. She has a ton of music,so I would put her in charge of that. But thanks, I thought it sounded fun, she is coming around!!
    mzbarker2

Answer by mzbarker2 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2009