Having babies too close together?

Ok, I found out I was preggo w/ my second when my first was 6 mos, my second is now 8 mos and I'm possibly preggers again. My period is 8 days late and it never is. Always on time. I didn't have any complications w/ my first 2 but I am worried that having another baby so soon can be detrimental to my health. Should I worry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• CONGRATULATIONS!

My DD is 5.5 months and we are pregnant with number 2, 14 weeks in fact. I was concerned but my doc just said to eat well, not stress and don't lift heavy stuff. Also rest as much as possible (not as much as we would like he he) Also pump up the pregnancy vitamins! They are wonders.

I went to see my friend yesterday. She only recently arrived from China and when I told her she said "wow you are so lucky" That made all my worries and concerns disappear! Your body can handle it, or it would not have allowed you to kept the pregnancy. That's my thoughts anyway. Oh and be careful because your ligaments would not be very strong yet (still a bit loose from previous baby) and so you can injure yourself more easily. Lift properly and the like
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Have you ever heard of safe sex?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• u didnt say anything about a husband either illl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Heh...
    That is REALLY close together... My son is 14 months right now, and I'm pregnant with my second, and, strictly in my opinion, it feels too early for me...
    Each to their own.
    I would possibly worry because you'll have kids all under the age of 2. That would make me bald with stress...
    And I'd have to second Anon 7.47's question... Really? Seriously now. We're humans, not rabbits.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 10:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I know it is hard on a womens body to be preg. and give birth as it is. I don't think it is detrimental to your health though. My OB/GYN prefers me to have 3 periods before getting preg. again, but usually i only had 1 or 2 at the most. I have 3 boys all about 18mo. apart. I know that is not that close in age, but i know it is challenging to me more now than when i was preg. with the boys!!! Especiall since i don't have fam. close to help me out. My DH works 2 jobs so i can be a SAHM. Good luck!!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Oh leave her alone, Anon :47!

Hey OP! I'm almost in the same spot as you, I became pregnant with my second when my first was about 5 months old, and am now pregnant with my third, having gotten pregnant around the same time frame. I personally am not stressing over the spacing or worrying about anything.... I hope you get the answers you are looking for though! I would have posted with my screen name so you could write for support..... but my newest pregnancy isn't common knowledge yet, so here I am, Anon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• you need to make sure you have LOTS of calcium and take your vitamin everyday.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• The Duggars do it all the time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• the op -- ummm yeah I am married...have you ever heard of maturity 10:47 and 10:48?
    Anonymous

• anon: she doesnt need to say she has a husband. she is ONLY talking about the ages and her being pregnant. geez. GL with this though. Maybe consult your dr about your health. i'm sure this has happened TONS of times and taht you are fine so dont worry :)
    Anonymous