just not sure

my husband works away from home he comes home on weekends. i know he has been unfaithful but when is enough .we have small children and he is a great father. i love my children and would do anything for them to have their dad in their lives at home but i am at my wits end.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• In my opinion...staying in a marriage where you are unhappy is just as bad if not worse on the children than a divorce would be. I was married to my now ex husband, my oldest sons dad for 9 years...5 of those or more I was so unhappy that I started hating myself. He was emotionally abusive and a drug addict and a drunk...I hated my life with him, but told myself I had to stay for our son. When things got to the breaking point I sat my then 7 1/2 year old son down and told him. He said "Mommy I know you dont love Daddy anymore, cause he is mean to you", that broke my heart and I realized that he knew things were bad between me and his father. Now 4 years, a marriage, and twins later....me and him are happy and living the life we were meant to live.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 11:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• you sort of live without him now so if you left him what would be the difference?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• once would be enough for me. I think once a cheater always a cheater. I agree with admckenzie, you do sort of live without him now physically and emotionally. sorry so harsh, jmo :(
    giftmom

Answer by giftmom at 11:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• my husband goes to whore houses in the next town from us. He's dumb enough to pay with the debit card when I do banking online and can see what he does. He only does it every two or three years. He was working a month at a time in Mexico the last time I found that he went to one again. when he called to tell me how much he missed me, I told him that that was strike three and I didn't know if I would stay with him anymore....that I've done what I could do for the marraige and I couldn't be the only one giving anymore. He ask for one more chance and has been doing family things with me and our three kids now. Point of my story is, confront him about it( I think best when he's out of town so he is more unsure if your going to go through with it) give him one more chance to make things right....and in a few years he screws up again, the it's time to leave. That's what I'm doing, just sitting here waiting for stupid to show
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 12:41 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Gottohavefaith. Your husband goes to whore houses doesn't even 12 braincells to RUB it in your face and now your sitting waiting for the douche to do it again????

Your the last person to be giving advice to anyone.....
    ShoesRLove

Answer by ShoesRLove at 1:06 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Think about your health....if he is cheating repeatedly(or even once) you need to be tested for STD's. Scary I know but it's the reality of the situation.

As for how much is enough, only you know that. I can tell you children are resilient and while it might be hard for them to face their parent's getting divorced, they will be ok and bounce back. My kids have adapted to our divorce very well.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• ((GotToHaveFaith))... Are you fucking serious?? ShoesRLove is right.. you should'nt be giving advice to a monkey let alone a human being. Forgive me lord for being so honest but you probably have aids. And if you do, you can't even blame your husband. You are the idiot allowing this to happen. You. Are. A. Dumb. Ass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• everyone has their own lives to lead and we should not bash anybody.we all have to survive and sometimes we as women must put up with bullshit to makes sure our kids our clothed fed have a roof over their head so lets forget the feminist bullshit because if your lights need to be paid can you take that feminist crap up to the light company i dont think so .....so lets not judge you never know what a person is going throught or what they have to deal with.not everyone lives a perfect life
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2009