You know that old saying...

"I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached"? Ever since I had my baby, I totally understand the true meaning of this saying. Does anyone else feel like this? I'm sure I can't be alone... hopefully. lol. My boyfriend thinks my new memory loss is an act I am putting on! I tell him.."Do you think I want to drive all the way across town to Target and once I get there..completely forget what I went for?" LOL

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 11:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol it starts when your pregnant and goes from there
    charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 11:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• LOL!!! I AM THE SAMEWAY!!! I WILL TELL YOU THAT IT DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER IF YOU HAVE MORE!!! I THINK IT HAS GOTTON WORSE FOR ME WITH EVERY BOY!!! LOL!!! HANG IN THERE YOU ARE A MOMMY YOU ARE ALLOWED TO FORGET!!! I ALWAYS SAY" I PLED 4{MEANING 4 BOYS!!!}"
    NIKKIJO4

Answer by NIKKIJO4 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I am so forgetful but I don't blame that on having kids, I have always been. Have you ever looked for your keys frantically as your late for an important appt and realized 20 min later that they were in your back pocket?!?!?! Or put away all the groceries and thought you left your cell phone at the store drove all the way back and then your Husband found it in the freezer?!?!?!

mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• You know what is really bad. Looking at your husband and say "I totally do not know your name right now." I have done that a few times.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I have heard the saying but I have never identified with it. I remember every little thing all the time. I get angry with SO because he seems to forget everything. Even when pregnant and the year since, I have always had a great memory. I never forget anything!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• All i can say is " you are not alone"......................................i load the dishwasher , then forget to put it on, i've put the milk in the sink instead of the fridge, i write a list for the store so i don't forget anything, then i forget the list at home..........and there is plenty more where that came from??!!?!???!??!!!!! HAHAaaa
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• vickwu: that is hilarious! I am sure I am on my way there! LOL

truthteller: I used to be like that.. before I got pregnant. Not so much anymore. I never forgot the names of people I went to even elementary school with..and now i'm like "I know we went to school together..but I have no idea who you are..". You are lucky.

itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 11:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Iluvmygirlies: I write a shopping list and forget it at home ALL the time as well! I constantly "lose" my keys because I put them in a spot where I think I will remember, and it never works. lol
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 11:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Oh yeah, you're not alone. I was forgetful before I got pregnant but then it just got worse. I forget things all the time. I'll be in the middle of a sentence, get interrupted, get mad that i was interrupted and then forget what the heck I was talking about! I'm a ver forgetful person but my son made it much worse!
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 11:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Itsbree2you: yeah i do that with other things , like important papers that i need or something like that. I have to hide it from the kids so they don't draw on it or rip it up, all i really end up doing is hiding it on myself!!!! Ughhhh, i think i'm freakin' loosin' it!!!!! lol
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2009