UHC to pay for abortions?

I was reading yahoo news and found the article on this. I am beyond shocked that the gov't would think it is the taxpayers responsibility to pay for unwanted pregnancies. I am of the opinion that the one chooses to become pregnant by not taking the right precautions should foot the bill for it. Comments anyone?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 11:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/264113/Abortion_included_in_Obama_Care?cat_id=&next=11#answers
    SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I heard about this a few weeks ago, here on CM of all places.

I'm on the fence about it. On one hand, no, I don't want to pay for someone else's abortion. On the other, a lot of us also don't want to support others' kids through gov't assistance. So it's hard to say. Maybe if abortions were covered, the number of people needing gov't assitance would go down?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Get over it!
    Anonymous

• anon could u possibly be that evil?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• fix the health system by killing off the weak!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• yes end of life counselors for all you non tax paying elderly too!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Anon why in the hell should we get over it? Really, is that what you tell your children?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:19 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Are you all really that nieve??? The taxpayers are ALREADY paying for at least half of the abortions because people have medicare!!! Duhhhh. And oh yeahhh, get over it. whine, whine , whine , whine , whineeeeee

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• mediCARE covers that?
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 11:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Anon since when did medicare pay for abortions? Are the old folks having a gang bang at the old folks home?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2009