Is it normal for my 8 months old bottom teeth to grow in side ways?

Instead of coming up straight they come in like this: /\ (sideways). It seems like shes in so much pain, she crys and crys. Should this be concerning?

ScorpioMommy08

Asked by ScorpioMommy08 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• all of them or just the two on either side of the middle ones? my sons 2 on either side of the middle 2 on bottom came in crooked at 6 months but they are straight now at 12 months.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• They are the two on the bottom that are coming in side ways..Sorry.
    ScorpioMommy08

Answer by ScorpioMommy08 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• My dd's (also 8 months) bottom two came in at like 6 1/2 months. They came in just the same as your dd's. And now they are straightening up....she should be fine.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Same thing, then they fell out and the adult teeth came in fine.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 1:32 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• sideways how? As in "out of the sides of the gums"? or just tilted at an angle? A lot of baby teeth come in jumbled- my son's lower front two teeth came in forming a "V", and straightened out by the time they had fully broken through the surface.
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 9:37 AM on Aug. 6, 2009