Are public schools athiestic?

how do you teach biology ,history of America and even our coins slogan In God we trust ,leaving God out of the classroom?

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 11:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, but they are secular. They do not teach that "God does not exist" they simply do not address the issue at all.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I'd be scared if I found out my kid's school used God in the science classroom. As for history of America, they may mention the religion of the founding fathers, even the way that the "In God we Trust" was made, but they certainly don't have to promote religion to do so.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 11:28 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• School is for all the basic teachings-math,science,english,etc. and religion is to be taught at home and in church. It seems to have been that way for hundreds of years and I think it works out well.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I think parents should definately add to this watered down view of history in public schools by showing them God and his very big place in our countries founding! We must supplement this poor attempt of teaching values by instilling the love of the Bible in our young ones!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Ha, I wish there was an atheist school. That'll be the day.

But nah, schools are secular, like Kristi said. There's no need to mention God in the classroom. It should be up to parents to teach that stuff.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:33 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Actually, many of the founding fathers were deists, not Christians.
    caitxrawks

• No they aren't I always had to learn of things having to do with god in school. Plus if they were thwy would not allow the pledge said.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Because not everyone believes in the same God. I don't want to hear about your God in school if I have my own God, thanks.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I agree caitxrawks. Where are these Atheist schools?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• ABOVE THESE TWO GOD
    CHURCH----------------------------------STATE
    AGREEMENT BOTH THESE INSTITUTIONS ARE UNDER GOD UNDERSTOOD BACK THEN! What is happening now? state is seperated from God disestablitarianisam does not mean govt. free to rule without reference to God. God is now bahned from public square,public schools. look up Hungary 1956 limited toleration to the church keep religion out of schools! backwards!!!
    go to rymoffer.com to learn what I learned today on wfil radio
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2009