Toyota is the best selling for cash for clunkers?

Why is it our gov't is funding the cash for clunkers and American's are buy foreign cars?

The Toyota Corolla is the top-selling vehicle on the list, followed by the Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Toyota Prius and the Toyota Camry. There is one SUV on the list, the Ford Escape, which also comes in a hybrid model that can get up to 32 miles per gallon. Six of the top-10 selling vehicles are built by foreign manufacturers, but most are built in North America.

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 11:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Are Americans really that ignorant, really??
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• How is this program working out for them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• I saw a link today that they were using this to tap into people's computers... Not trying to hijack your post but has anyone else heard about that?
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 11:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• CooksWife I read something about this a few days ago. I don't know if it's true or not, but I wouldn't be suprised. I don't think you have to sign up on your home computer to get this program though.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

• Toyota makes better cars. They also manufacture most of them in the US.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 12:48 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Toyota is made in the US.

banging head into wall

goddessmonica

Answer by goddessmonica at 12:56 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yep... Toyota is assembled in the US.

Plus these are cleaner running cars so better for the environment.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:29 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• The people who complain about buying non-American cars are normally the same people who shop at WalMart... who is the anti-American business.

Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:30 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Cookswife, there was another thread about this.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:15 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Since Toyota is assembled and sold here, I guess MY money is helping put food on some American family's table. Toyota is an excellent and reliable car with far better resale value than many. It doesn't have to say Ford on it to be made in America. Let's face it. Ford and GM products lose half their value within the first 2 years. I've seen 2001 Ford Tauruses sell for the same price as my 1993 Camry. Matter of fact I've had my Camry for 5 years trouble free, and only had to buy tires, alignment, do oil changes and normal scheduled service. Hmm.... YUP. I'll stick with her.
    Sorry, know you're trying to be patriotic. But I'm trying to save money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 AM on Aug. 6, 2009