First Birthday (PIOG)

Hey Everyone...my baby girl is turning 1 in 2 months and I really want to make her her first cake, i want it to be healthy, and maybe with some fruit in it, she loves pineapples! does anyone have any good recipes that i could use? and if anyone has any cute pics of their little ones 1rst cakes i would love to see them....just for fun!

Thanks :)

ht1403

Asked by ht1403 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well my DD's first bday cake was just a sheet cake that said happy birthday. But this year we went all out, we are doing a halloween party cause her bday is october 26th. And this year her cake is going to be a 3-d pumpkin, already ordered and paid for lol. I just hope they can pull it off lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:00 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Pineapple upside down cake?
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i made a banana cake that looks like the caterpillar from baby einsteins
    cake
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 12:56 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I made a pineapple cake awhile ago with a recipe I found online and it was pretty good.. Not sure exactly how healthy it is, but here's the recipe & good luck :)

1 box butter recipe cake mix
    1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, drain and reserve juice
    1 3 oz. box instant vanilla pudding
    1 8 oz. container Cool Whip, chilled well

Prepare cake mix according to directions. After cake cools, pierce cake with fork several times. Pour reserved pineapple juice over cake. With an electric mixer, beat Cool Whip and box vanilla pudding at medium speed until set. Stir in crushed pineapple. Frost cake with icing and enjoy.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i know what you mean, the sugar shock is too much for those of us that dont feed our babies sugar. sweet frosting and regular cake is more for the adults to enjoy an applesauce cake with wipped cream for frosting is what i did, call me a poor sport, but all that sugar for the first time is not healthy and the litttle one doesnt know the difference....other than that he didn't get a tummy ache!
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 3:39 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• That's good that you want to go healthy, but I've ready and there have been studies that sugar does not make kids hyper, not sure either how much I believe this but anyway. I'm having my daughter's 1st birthday next saturday, we are doing Care Bears theme, with a half a sheet cake decorated with carebears, can't wait. Didn't think I would go all out for the 1st but we have & I know she won't remember but the pics will be great and as long as everyone has a good time I'll be happy! Good luck planning your little one's 1st b-day it will be great whatever you find to make for a cake!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 8:31 AM on Aug. 6, 2009