would you pay this much or is it too high?

I am starting an at home day care, and we have all BRAND NEW nice step2 toys (if that makes a different), I am going to have a daily schedule to send home with the parents every week showing them what we will be doing and what snacks and lunch (all healthy snacks) will be served on certain days. So my question is, would this be worth $125 a week?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• It depends on how old the children are that you are quoting that amount and what other daycares charge in the area
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:06 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• In my area, home day cares run between $50-$85 a week depending on age. In your area it may be different and $125 might be a great deal. I would call some local home day cares and see what their prices are.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:07 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Around here that would be a good price, but from what some others say it may or may not be in your area. I think you do have to see what the going rate is in your area. Then figure out if it is worth it to supply the snacks and lunch or if it would be better to charge a little less but not supply the food.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:06 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Around here you would pay that without food and diapers being included at the cheapest place in town. It really does depend on the area. Here if you were paying $50 a week you'd be sending your child to a child molestor. Some places that is the going rate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Charge $125 without the food. If you charge a little more then you weed out the parents that are flakey and don't pay and bring their kids sick. I'd rather take care of 2 kids with parents that respect me than take care of 5 for dirt cheap rates that treat me like dirt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• With my dd being potty trained and with NO meals or snacks included (I provided meals) I was paying $150 per week for 4 hour days, 4 days a week!!!!! I say that is a good deal!
    jjk45xox

Answer by jjk45xox at 1:23 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yeah it really does make a difference where you live, in my area 25.00 to 30.00 a day is the going rate and is higher if they are infants. Just call a few daycares in your area to see what they are charging and then maybe try coming a little under them just until you build up your business.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2009