mucus plug???? maybe TMI for some

For those of you ladies that have already have have your babies, can you please explain what a mucus plug looks like. Today I think I lost it but not sure. It was like snot and a brownish color. If this is the plug how long does it take for labor to come on? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes that is your mucous plug. When I lost my mucous plug I went into labor about 2 1/2 weeks after that. It could be a month or a couple of days it all depends.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 12:14 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Mucus plug is not an indicator of labor. It only signals that your cervix is dilating. Many women do go into labor after the "bloody show" but many also have a wait ahead of them. The mucus plug can regenerate itself, so you could be waiting anywhere from hours to weeks or labor to start.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 1:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• grreat big glob of snot.....is the right description.

I lost mine about 6-7 weeks before delivery for all three.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:35 AM on Aug. 6, 2009