Lullabies...

What do/did you sing your kids for a lullaby?

NickyJamesMom

Asked by NickyJamesMom at 12:46 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I sing mine a few normal ones like "Hush Little Baby", but my son's favorite lullabies are/were "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder and "It's Not Over" by Daughtry! He goes to sleep quicker with those two.
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 12:47 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I made one up that I sing to him all the time but if I sing anything else it's Itsy bitsy spider or twinkle twinkle or country songs I know. The one I made up is simple: Mommy loves her lttle baby, mommy loves him this is true, Mommy loves her little baby, Mommy loves him through and through. He always seems to calm down with that one!
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 12:49 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I sang them what ever popped into my head. I sang "Silent Night" to them a lot though (it's the only song I could ever remember the words to LOL) but the weirdest thing I've ever sang to them though was while I was writing out my shopping list. I just sang what I was writing. It calmed him down. LOL
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 1:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My grandson LOVES "Puff the Magic Dragon" I have sung that to him since before he was born. It's so funny to now have him try to sing it with me. Watching him grow and learning it has been fun He is now 5 yrs old BTW.
    My youngest granddaughter, who I call my baby boo, loves "You are my Sunshine " or Twinkle Twinkle.
    I sing everything from hymns, country songs, show tunes...whatever pops into my empty head
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 1:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I wrote my son a few lullabies but my favorite is called "Child of Sunshine" which was inspired by him and by his grandmother's name for him (her Prince of Sunshine). It was easier for me to create new lullabies because I could not think of any of those from my childhood in my sleep deprived state :) My son and I sing silly stuff all day now and I created LullabyLink.com to help other mothers find lyrics and melodies to use with their babies.
    ARobbinsWilson

Answer by ARobbinsWilson at 7:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2009