omfg

I'm so sick of my own child. There's day where I just feel like giving him up or something idk. I raise him on my own with no help from his sperm donor. And I don't wanna do this anymore

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If u dont want ur child give him to someone who does before u do something u will regret.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Take a deep breath. Sounds like you really just need a friend or family to come and give you a break. I'm sure by the time you're done with your break, you'll be missing him. It helps to try to spend some time on yourself too.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My dad and step mom almost gave my brother away when he was almost 2 because he is insane and would break down doors and stuff.

Thought that maybe it would help... don't know how but maybe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• It is almost impossible to raise a kid by yourself. If you can't get help from your family, try joining a play group (not to sound lame...). I bring my son to the children's museum a few times a week- I don't have to keep as close of an eye on him and he gets to be around other kids- something that he doesn't do otherwise.

If you really don't want your kid though, try talking to a therapist and seeing if giving him up is the right decision for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• put him/ her n a safe place wirth some books turn on the tv or radio whatever and take sometime to yourself smoke a bowl drink a glass of wine chit chat on here.... but ths to shall pass.. it's a ahard stage they scream alot very opinionated want to do everything your doing i know... but try to find a way to have fun together.. or seriously give her up although it may be very hard for you , you may be giving her a great life either way it's your choice. maake a good one, snap out of it!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:02 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• What is happening?
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 1:03 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• maybe its postpartum depression? sometimes it can last for a really long time. maybe you can leave him with a relative for a few days, but please get some help, your baby needs you and maybe you dont realize it now, but you need him too. Breath, pray and think before you do anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yah, it seems like a lot of people are taking your frusteration litereally. Are you just venting? Or thinking seriously about giving up your child and that you can't handle it. Life doesn't give us things we can't handle. You might suprise yourself. It can be stressful, I know, but sometimes you just need a moment or a few days LOL to regroup and get back on track. I'm not a bible thumper or anything, but if you are christian it might help to go to church. It's hard for us to get moving Sunday mornings, so we like to go Saturday evenings. It's just refreshing and comforting. The kids like it because they get to go in the nursery or to the school and play with friends while they're learning. Maybe you'll meet someone willing to help you watch him and give you a break while you're there. Just an idea.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 1:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think it's pretty normal for a parent to feel that way at some point, especially a single parent. Parenting is difficult even with the help of a husband/SO and family...but doing it alone would be very hard. Just try and stay calm, it will get better. If you have a family member or close friend, maybe you could try letting them keep your child for a weekend and take some time off. Take some time to pamper yourself and clear your mind. You will probably feel much better. Everyone needs to take care of themselves at some point.
    javila

Answer by javila at 1:56 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I know how you feel. And I have help, so I can't imagine how much harder it must be for you! It sucks to come home from work, love on your child then try to take some me time to get dinner ready or the kitchen clean only to have your child hanging on your leg refusing to leave your side, screaming to be picked up and unwilling to be distracted or soothed until you are holding him/her. There are days when I come home and say I don't want her anymore. Then I cry because I know it's not true. I love my daughter and just want a break from the constant attention she requires. She won't play with daddy, she always just wants mommy. Is it the same with you? Do you get to go out? Do you have friends or family around who can take your child for a night so you can get out or just enjoy the quiet at home? Don't worry, this phase will pass and your child will become more independant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Aug. 6, 2009