about breastfeeding??

I BF my little girl tll she was 1 and im haveing another baby. its hurt the first time(well duh) for you mommys that BF with your 2nd baby.
did it hurt as bad as it did with the first one????
did it hurt at all????

de_sly

Asked by de_sly at 1:04 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have twins and one would slurp till it shot across the room and the other would sit there all day if i let him.. till today he's a bottle hord.. :) i only BF till 3 mo and that was enough for me i felt like a cow or a dog with her litter it was tough, so glad they are 22 mo old eating table food i hated the whole milk and baby purees, what a pain!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:10 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I had exactly a 9 mth break between kids... weaned my son at 18mths to find out 2 weeks later I was pregnant, lmao! During that break, my nipples became sensitive again because I no longer had a child nursing so when my daughter was born... OUCH! She had a shallow latch which made it painful and I could feel it all. So at least in my case, my nipples had to get accustomed to breastfeeding all over again! It was no more painful than the 1st time though and passed with a week or 2. Been bfing 9mths now and no plans to quit anytime soon!

Good luck & congrats on baby #2!
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 1:15 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'm due this month with my second girl and had no problems with the first. I've been lactating for 2 months now. If you're nervous, maybe you can try using lanisoh lotion on your nipples ahead of time to prepare them. I noticed that the pads also kept me moist. Otherwise I felt like I was drying up.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 1:23 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• The only reason nursing my son hurt is because he didn't have a good latch for a while. I think if you work on the latch, nursing won't hurt.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 1:25 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My daughter latched on after the first few tries. It was fine but during the first 10 seconds or so (throughout the 4 months I nursed her) it hurt me once I felt my milk coming "down." It was like a dull pressure like pain for about 3 to 5 seconds and then it was fine. I never found out why. I just assumed everyone is different. Waiting to see if it happens with my next one but I still have 6 months or so to go to ponder that!
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 1:54 AM on Aug. 6, 2009