Racing heart?

I am only 23 and for the last few weeks I get these "episodes" where it feels like my heart is racing(but my pulse is steady), it hurts really bad , I get dizzy and breathless. Has anyone ever had this happen with them, do you have any ideas as to what is going on?

I do have a Dr appt in a few days but I am really kind of scared, right now I am having a bad one.

Philsgirl21

Asked by Philsgirl21 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Health

• Have you recently had a baby? I had a C-section the end of July. This caused my hemoglobin drop, which caused my heart to to work harder, which in turn caused fluid to accumulate around my lungs. I was also very swollen. I was very short of breath, just going from room to room wore me out. I ended up in the ER and had a c-Scan of chest, as well as X-ray, blood test, etc. Check this out!!!!!!!
    They gave me some blood (for hemoglobin) and some lasiks (to get rid of fluids) and I am a new girl, much better mom!
    HMStone1976

Answer by HMStone1976 at 1:14 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• OP here: I have not reacently had a baby (my DS is 20 months old) but I am TTC if that will help me find out anything
    Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 1:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2009