Random questions about Westboro Baptist Church.

What do yout think they will do next? Do you think they will start "demonstrating" at police officers (one's killed in the line of duty) and children's funerals (those lost to illness)?

Do you think they have an "exit strategy" for when America gets to evil?

Which extremist cult (i.e. Branch Davidians, Heaven's Gate, The People's Temple, Nazi's) do they most remind you off?

-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 1:25 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, I don't think they are like the first 3, (unfortunately they won't "off" themselves). So I guess they're are like Nazi's. The members that refuse to wake up and see how they are preaching hate will eventually be ostracized after the preacher and his wife are gone. I am surprised that no one has tried to hurt them already, but I really don't keep up on this subject. I have seen the videos and I did in fact cry when I saw what they thought of Ryan White and calling soldiers fags. Hatred breeds hatred.

Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 1:35 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I hope to see more people with angel wings blocking them from being seen by mourning families.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:43 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I agree they are more like the Nazi's. I worry about what they will do next and if anyone will be hurt or killed. I wouldn't put it past them to protest anyones funeral that has anything to do with homosexuality. As for an exit stratagy, I don't know if they would do that without taking innocents with them. They really need to hush.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:46 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think we should start our own group that rallies together volonteers to block them at funerals and schools. I mean it would be easy enough they put their protest schedual up on their site. And I am sure if you got a hold of local churches and VFWs and things like that if they are coming to a town near you it would not be hard to get the people to show up.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• lloks like they will be hitting San Antonio TX Hard on Saturday I have a few friends out there that might be willing to help any moms willing to help block them out. You would not even have to do angel wings just get a really big poster board and write the word love on it.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:16 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• They remind me of the anti-gay KKK. I think Heaven's Gate and the Branch Davidians were more dangerous to their own members than anyone else.

I think that groups like this who are constantly harassing people are going to make the government step in and take away our freedom of religious speech. It is sad that we might lose our rights to share our beliefs because of nut-jobs.

However, I would LOVE more than anything for this group to be stopped -- I just don't want our government to stop them. Maybe some psycho will kidnap them and take them to a deserted island where they can put up whatever signs they want to and bother no one.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009