BAD COLD... ANYTHING I CAN TAKE?

i just got a really bad cold from my sister... i am 31 weeks preg. is there anything i can take that is safe? i also have a bad sore throat too...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• straight up/plain Sudafed, tylenol and straight up/plain Robitussin. What I mean by plain is that it is the true form of Sudafed and Robitussin, nothing added to it, nothing harmful to the baby. You will have to go to a drugstore (walgreens, cvs, etc) and talk to a pharmacist. Tell them you need sudafed and robutussin in the plain form. They should know what you mean. If not then try telling them you need the pregnancy safe kind. They always carry it behind the counter, you cannot get it off the shelves. But make sure you ask them! I took that quite a bit during the pregnancy, as directed by my doc.
    javila

Answer by javila at 2:03 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You should go to the doctor. Swine flu is running RAMPANT and you are high risk because of pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• ps.. i also seem to have to go to the bathroom more.. if u know what i mean..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• What are the symptoms of swine flu?

Although uncomplicated influenza-like illness (fever, cough or sore throat) has been reported in many cases, mild respiratory illness (nasal congestion, rhinorrhea) without fever and occasional severe disease also has been reported. Other symptoms reported with swine influenza A virus infection include vomiting, diarrhea, myalgia, headache, chills, fatigue, and dyspnea. Conjunctivitis is rare, but has been reported. Severe disease (pneumonia, respiratory failure) and fatal outcomes have been reported with swine influenza A virus infection. The potential for exacerbation of underlying chronic medical conditions or invasive bacterial infection with swine influenza A virus infection should be considered.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• While flu is a possibility, I wouldn't think of it like that right away...I get colds soooo much more since I got pregnant. I worried about the flu when all those people were dying or infected but now I wouldn't be so quick to think that..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Aug. 6, 2009