has anyone here worded before assembling toys at home and if so how were you paid per unit? and did you require to pay money in advance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• Most...not all assembling toy ads are scams. The couple that I have heard of, you pay for your supplies up front and then you get your supplies....the catch is that they have to check your work and many times, the do not approve it. If you are looking for a legitimate way to work from home, message me....I can help.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• There are only 2 legitimate craft at home companies that I know of, Disciples Cross and New England Crafters. Both require you to purchase the materials upfront, however for each work that passes quality (I hear NEC is easier than Disciples Cross) you get reimbursed the cost for materials on top of what you make for the craft. Disciples Cross, however, allows you to sell the necklaces independently at your own chosen rate. So if there is a market for them in your area you can make more off of them. Good luck!
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 4:46 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• This could be an idea for making some money at home- advertise that you'll assemble toys. Parents may not have the time to assemble them or want to keep the toy a secret from the children, and if you'll assemble it for say $10 to $50 depending on the toy- a bike, a wagon, some other toy, then maybe you could get a nice little business going, especially if you are good at assembling. The parent brings you the boxed toy that they purchased, you put it together, give them a call, and they pick it up and pay you. Or how about a gift wrap service. They drop off the gifts and maybe the wrappings, then they pick them up and pay.

Answer by Bmat at 8:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I've heard they are a waste of time just like the previous posts have said. You'd be better off making your own crafts and trying to sell them. Don't waste your money.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• that could be probably a good idea Bmat only that i think it could work better during holidays right?
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 3:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2009