he won't sleep in my bed!

my 2 1/2 yr old son sleeps with me (due to lack of space) and about a week ago he had a bad dream or something and now he wants to sleep in my mom's bed every night. thats understandable.. but its been going on for a week! he freaks if i try putting him in my bed. how do i get him to sleep with me again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• this is a tough on. sorry, i have no advice. my son loves his nana and will sleep in her bed, but he will sleep in ours just fine too. he has his own room but he comes in our bed between 12 and 5. good luck!
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 2:16 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Since he's still young he my think since he had a bad dream while asleep in your room/bed that he won't had bad dreams in his grandma room. Try telling him that the room he sleeps in isn't going to make him have a bad dream. If he remembers his dream when he wakes up from a bad dream talk to him and ask what its about.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:20 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't know if you are a stay-at-home mom or what but even on the weekends have him sleep in your bed for naps and when he wakes up realizing he is your bed and didn't have a bad dream that it wasn't your bed giving him that bad dream it was just something else.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 2:35 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• maybe it would be a good time to get him into his own bed?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Get him his own bed...he's a bit to old to be sharing a bed with grandma and/or mommy. It sounds like YOU'RE the one who's traumatized by him not wanting to sleep with you...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2009