toys for your toddler

What toys do you have for your toddler? And how old are they(toddler)? I am looking for ideas for my son who will be 2 in December.

jmetz4

Asked by jmetz4 at 2:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We didn't have much money when my children were little, so I made them a stove (both boys) by covering a large box of the right size with contact paper (turning the box upside down.) I drew four circles on the stove for burners, and I cut a U shaped opening on the front for the oven door and put a cheap pull handle on it. I attached other handles with screws to the front of the stove, so that they'd turn. And I dug out some old and cheap pans and cups and dishes. For not much money they had a neat looking stove to play with. While I am on the subject, I saved and cleaned half gallon milk cartons, filled then with rolled up newspaper, covered them with brick patterned contact paper, and they had inexpensive bricks for forts.

Answer by Bmat at 7:58 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• bouncy balls, books, coloring books, a tricycle, a "tool set", a stove (if daddy and you are ok w/that idea), cars, musical instruments made for toddlers, one of those wooden blocks w/wires that the beads move around on (can't remember what they are called), building blocks, megablocks (they are bigger than leggos so no tempting to eat them) my daughter is three but these are all the types of things she had at that age (and yes she has a tool bench toy)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:32 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• It would depend on what kind of things your son likes to play with, my sons 11 months and i have him some toddler toys, such as a little drum set, building blocks, hot wheels,
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:33 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My 2 year old won't play with half her toys unless someone else is playing with her. Uggg. But she does loves books and blocks the most. Sometimes she'll sit along with her puzzles. Oh, she also had a toy kitchen that she loves. She makes all sorts of foods and pretends to feed daddy and I. They other thing I got her that she likes, is a trampoline. We got an exercise one, so it wasn't too expenisve and has no springs. It's also very close to the ground. She loooooooves to bounch. I put those puzzle looking matts around it so if she does fall, she won't get hurt.

SHe loves being outside too, so a toddler swing, a pool, bubble, and sidewalk chauk are great for that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My older three have tons of toys from when they were little that are still in really great condition, I've been going thru them - Fisher Price Little People were a favorite, any or all of the sets (we had the farm, the house, the airport, the zoo, etc), Lego Duplo blocks last a long time (very simple stacking at first, evolves into elaborate buildings as they grow), puzzles were huge around here (foam or wooden at this age).
    btw - Craigslist is a great place to look for toddler toys is you're willing to have some used. I got a Little Tykes bball goal off there recently and saw some great deals for when my lo is a little older.

Answer by missanc at 10:37 AM on Aug. 6, 2009