Wedding invitation wording with children inviting

I am getting married on January 30th, 2010. I'm planning on making my own invitations. I bought some of the papers tonight to try and figure out exactly how I want to do them. I want to have my kids inviting the guests. Does anyone have any suggestions on wording? I checked verseit.com and I didn't really like any of those on there and I want something more than Our mommy and daddy are getting married. Lily, Wyatt, Ian, and Cole invite you to witness.....

mommakelley21

Asked by mommakelley21 at 2:21 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• first let me say thats really cute!
    then i'd word it this way: we (name your kids) would like for you to attend the wedding of (you could add our parents here if you want) and then your names.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:26 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• vabchmommy hit it right on the head.

"Lily, Wyatt, Ian, and Cole invite you to join us as we celebrate the marriage of our parents...."

Etc etc etc.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Don't know how old your kids are, but you can try something like spelling the way they'd spell it, but to where its still understandable,

Guess What!!! Mommy and Daddy are getting married. Do you want to come and help them party. We would like for you to come, and party with us.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:29 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Ya I do agree that vabchmommy hit on the head. I think that does sound good.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:46 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I like this better haha but thats just me

miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 3:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• traditionally its the parents of the bride and groom who 'cordially invite you to the .... of so and so and so and so' in place of the parents names write

kids names would like to invite you to the celebration of their marriage

or something like that.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:26 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I like vigron's one-Guess what-but it depends on how formal you want the invites, I would do them so that it looked like the kids wrote/designed them. Either way you go you can still put all the names on it.
    Cyndi310

Answer by Cyndi310 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• That's beautiful...either way you do it would be beautiful...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:58 AM on Aug. 6, 2009