when do the terrible fits end ...

my three year old throws fits where as my 2yr old doesn't , everyone told me it was terrible 2's what do you do

Ashlee0323

Asked by Ashlee0323 at 3:01 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• as my family calls it terrible 2s turn into horrible 3s, its still about boundery and them testing there limits with you, all you can do is be consistant, and show her, that kind of behavior isn't going to get her what she wants, If you at the store when she does it and she has picked out a toy you said she could have, put the toy back, and show her that her bad behavior means no reward. If its a snack like a cookie or candy, that she wants maybe cut out that stuff for a few days until she shows she deserves one.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:07 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• terrible 2s were foreplay for the horrible 3s in my house.

and as they get older the melt downs and issues get more elaborate.

so sadly....itnever really ends they just grow old enough that you can reason with them better.

stay consistent.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:24 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Consistancy and time outs!!!!!!!!
    BITTERSWEET72

Answer by BITTERSWEET72 at 8:11 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• my daughter was a gem until 3, i never had a terrible 2 year old. anyways, at 3, watch out! so, i used time out, which worked at first but then one day i saw her with her legs up over the time out chair sucking her thumb, she was RELAXING!!! oh no she didn't. so one night i read her one of mommy's books, i think it was the power of a positive mom, anywyas, in that book it said that for the 3d's the punishment needed to hurt (not phsyically) and i started thinking THAT is the problem her punishment doesn't hurt, she is relaxing, she doesn't mind relexaing for 3 minutes in "time out" so i told her mommy would have to think on it but for the 3 D's, she would have a punishment that hurt... the 3 d's are disoboying (not listening), dishonestly (lieing) and disrespect (she was backtalking and telling me NO!) so i had her stand in the corner, she did NOT like this, after about a week her behavior improved, it needed hurt!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Both of my kids went through it at different times.. Phil was 3 and April was 4..But now that I think about it April is doing now too at 19........ha ha so all I have to say is it sometimes never ends..... Especially us being Mom's.. Its the most difficult job in the world.. Our love is never ending and it never stops never........... so hang in there ya gotta long way to go....just pray and smile and find playdates to keep them out of your hair if only for 30 mins each day. My ped Md made me put my daughter in day care one day a week to get her use to other kids. My son, Phil , is 10yrs older so he wasn't around much then. Hang in there........God Blesses Mommy's with patience, believe me he does. Both of my kids are still alive and kicking........ha ha..............Good luck
    clmtigergrl11

Answer by clmtigergrl11 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 6, 2009