Prepaid cell phones.. NOT a Tracfone but like thru Altell or AT&T

how do they work? I know you go to the store and buy the minutes call em in and your good to go but what kind of phone do you use? any phone??? and do I have to take it to an Altell stroe to get it done and activated????????? Thanks.

NewTakeOnLife09

Asked by NewTakeOnLife09 at 3:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• most of them you can buy at wal mart and it come with instruciton in the box on how to activate its not that hard. I personally find it a waste of money, I had one and spen more on minuets a months then i would have with a regular phone plan.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:25 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You have to buy the Go Phone. Than buy the minutes...I think the cheapest one is like 20 or 30 bucks
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 3:26 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I've got Virgin Mobile. I actually have a monthly plan, that I buy the cards for but the good thing is, if you don't pay, your service just stops. You don't keep racking up bills for using it, because you can't use it if you don't pay :)
    I've got 300 any time minutes, 1000 night/weekend minutes, and unlimited texts for $40 a month. And, it's honestly the best phone I've ever had!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i dont have the credit or i'd get a reg. plan thanks.
    NewTakeOnLife09

Answer by NewTakeOnLife09 at 6:57 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My DH has one through Verizon and he buys his minutes online. When I got a company phone we switched his since he uses like 50 minutes a month (I used the majority of our plan before) and they wouldn't give us a plan for that. We simply took his phone that was being used on a regular Verizon plan and had them switch it to the pay as you go. He kept the same number and everything, the only thing that changed was the way he paid.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You have to get the minutes and the phone from whichever provider you choose to use. SO just went to T-Mobile and Sprint & they checked his credit, even for a prepaid.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 10:32 AM on Aug. 6, 2009