how can i mourn an abortion

We aborted a pregnancy a few days ago.
I wanted the child desperately.. but unfortunately my partner and i have both been let go in the last 4 months and have still not found work.. we are desperately broke with no one to help us but gov assistance.
we have a 17mth old already and i feel so empty and sad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry. I think it was very responsible of you to not bring a baby into the world since you can't care for one right now. Were you able to bury the baby or cremate it? Maybe you could have a personal funeral, even if you don't have the remains. Could you bury the pregnancy test as a substitute? That may be corny, but I think it's important that you be able to grieve.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 10:21 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'm so sorry for your situation :( I hope things get better for you and I hope nobody gives you grief for making what you believe to have been the right decision. I can't think of any way to mourn but if you need to talk send me a message. I've been where you are before :(
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:14 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'm so sorry! I don't know what to really say but you did what you felt that you had to do and know that you made the best choice based on your situation. Don't let anyone on here make you feel worse. (You know abortion is a very heated topic on here and I hope that everyone is understanding.) **Hugs** I hope that you both can find jobs soon and everything gets better!
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 4:16 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Mourn it just like any other death. Give yourself time to grieve and heal. Maybe have your own small ceremony.

You did the right thing for you and never let anyone else try to make you feel different.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I am so sorry that you and your partner are out of work and felt that this was the only option. It must be very difficult and sorrow filled. The emotions must be quite over whelming. I wish I had some wise words to comfort you and take away all of the tears and pain.

How you can find hope, help and healing after abortion?
    Hopefully this site will offer you some comfort....

http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/articles/hopehealing.htm

For other women out there in the same circumstances...
    Please consider Adoption as an Option.

http://contraception.about.com/od/contraceptionfailure/p/adoption.htm

The pain from abortion is heart breaking.

Sending you hugs !

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:39 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Name the baby. Have a passing ceremony for it. I dont know what religion you are, but try posting in the religion section too. Those moms will have good answers as well. Losing a baby is losing a baby to me. I hope you find solace.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 9:46 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Wow, I don't have any advice....but here's a cyber hug to help a little. I'm so sorry you were faced with that dilemma. (((HUGS))))
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 6, 2009