Baby shower Question???

im 21 weeks along and live in a different state then im from so i dont know 2 many people and what family i do have here im not sure if they are going to throw me one...i was wondering if your guys had any ideas on a small babyshower or even maybe another way to celabrate??? and also do i send invites with baby registry info on them to family and friends out of state???

excitedmomma2be

Asked by excitedmomma2be at 5:01 AM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• since you don't live so close you can have a diaper party instead, basically like a lil bbq and have everyone who comes bring a thing of diapers or gift, You can send invites and a registary list, but from my experiance i didn't get much from my family from out of town
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 5:05 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Typically you never throw a shower for yourself. I don't mean to be rude, but that is kind of tacky and makes it appear that you just want gifts. Could someone back home send you an away shower? My mom had one. Her friends called her during the shower. They could even videotape it and someone could open your gifts. People could also bring gift cards. Then they could package everything back up and mail it to you!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'm having a Taco vs. Hot Dog party! taco=girl...hot dog = boy

When my guests show up they will know the sex of the baby by whats for dinner. You could send out invites to your friends and serve dinner.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 7:20 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I agree with Michele. It's kinda tacky. The away shower is a great idea.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 10:08 AM on Aug. 6, 2009

• The dinner to reveal the baby's sex is a great idea too! Don't call it a shower and don't mention gifts, but most likely those who love you and are excited for you will bring presents!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2009